Tropical Thanksgiving Punch
You can shop the ingredients directly from this recipe as part of a paid partnership with Target!
“An untraditional Tropical Thanksgiving Punch that’s perfect for a crowd! Beautiful rustic orange color and bursting with fruity, citrus flavor.”
This month, I helped one of my readers create a last-minute punch for her Autumn wedding. Her requests:
- Burnt orange in color to match her autumn-themed wedding.
- Not the traditional fall flavors: apple cider, pumpkin spice, cranberry, or pomegranate punch flavors.
- Easy to make big batches quickly.
Autumn is known for punch recipes boasting apple cider, cranberry juice, and cinnamon sticks. However, I knew the best route to take was to go with fruit punch or tropical punch.
Those are safe bets that adults and kids usually love.
Up next: color. Achieving a rustic orange color with a great flavor wasn’t as easy as I thought. When I did come up with a nice color, it was way more work than I knew she’d want to undertake, or the flavors were off.
After all, she wanted something that could stay flowing throughout the entire reception. I can’t even tell you how many bottles of juice and soda I went through lol, but finally, we found our winner.
“This is like the perfect color for Thanksgiving, don’t you think!”
I mean just look at this gorgeous orange color! I’m officially calling this Tropical Thanksgiving Punch! The flavor is sweet, fruity, and citrusy! It is a nice break from the traditional Thanksgiving punch flavors!
And no measuring is required other than the powdered sugar that mellows out the tart pineapple and orange juice.
This punch ended up being a hit at the wedding! With Thanksgiving approaching, what a perfect time for you to try out this recipe!
No need to run out and get the ingredients! You can order the ingredients from Target right here on this post! Have them delivered or schedule a pickup! Here’s how!
How to Use The Target Shop Button
1. Scroll down to the recipe card and click the pink “Shop Ingredients” button below the ingredients list.
2. Once you enter your zip code and select your Target store, the ingredients are automatically added to your cart! Check off any ingredients that you already have at home.
3. Click the pink “Check out at Target” button when you’re done. This takes you to your Target account, where you can choose delivery or order pickup. Done!
How to Make This Tropical Thanksgiving Punch
- Simply Tropical Fruit Punch
- Simply Orange Juice
- 100% Pineapple Juice
- Powdered Sugar, sifted
- Add fruit punch, orange juice, pineapple juice, and ginger ale in a large 2-gallon punch bowl or drink dispenser.
- Stir in powdered sugar until dissolved. Taste. (You can add a little sugar at a time until you achieve the sweetness you desire)
- Garnish with lemon, lime, and orange slices, if desired.
Tips for making the best Tropical Thanksgiving Punch
- Make sure all of your juices and soda are chilled. As with all punches, super cold is best!
- If you are going to premake bags of this punch, mix up everything but the soda. Add the soda when you are about to serve it, so it’s super fizzy.
- Use the brands listed in the recipe. Of course, you could play around with other brands; however, stick with the listed brands if you’re going for the exact orange color.
- Use an ice ring. To prevent watering down the punch, use a punch ice ring or create ice cubes from the punch.
- Can I use simple syrup instead of powdered sugar? Sure can!
- Can I turn this punch into a cocktail by adding alcohol? Yes! Tequila, bourbon, or vodka would go great!
- Will this fit in a large pitcher? You’ll need a large 2-gallon punch bowl for this recipe.
- How many guests will this serve? About 15-20 people
- What can I replace the ginger ale with? Use lemon-lime soda
- If you’re looking for a traditional, easy Thanksgiving punch recipe for your Thanksgiving dinner, check out this apple cider or this Thanksgiving punch! They are full of warm spices like cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg. And gives that sangria tease using fresh apple slices.
- Can I replace the pineapple juice with lemonade? I’ve never tried it with lemonade before
Sparkling Cider Thanksgiving Punch
If you’re looking for a traditional Thanksgiving punch, try this recipe! It’s full of fall flavors and garnished with apples, pomegranate seeds, and citrus for a sangria vibe!
If you’re looking for a holiday party punch recipe that is perfect for Christmas, try this gorgeous red Holiday Punch! It has a signature pomegranate flavor and is garnished with rosemary, fresh cranberries, and citrus slices.
Get the Recipe: Tropical Thanksgiving Punch
- 52 oz Simply Fruit Punch, chilled
- 52 oz Simply Orange Juice (Pulp-free), chilled
- 46 oz 100% Pineapple Juice, chilled
- 2 liter Ginger-Ale, chilled
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- Add fruit punch, orange juice, pineapple juice, and ginger ale to a large punch bowl.52 oz Simply Fruit Punch, 52 oz Simply Orange Juice (Pulp-free), 46 oz 100% Pineapple Juice, 2 liter Ginger-Ale
- Stir in powdered sugar until dissolved. Taste. (you can add a little sugar at a time until you achieve the sweetness you desire)1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- Garnish with lemon, lime, and orange slices, if desired, when ready to serve.